An Introduction



For most of my life, I was your typical Mormon boy who seemed to be the envy of all the neighborhood mothers. I went to church, said my prayers, read my scriptures (well, sometimes I read my scriptures), and never got into any sort of big trouble. I went through the temple, embarked on a two-year mission to Asia, and now find myself in the last year of my education at BYU (Brigham Young University). This, however, is where the Mormon fairy-tale life gets derailed.

I am unmarried (O-M-G) and completely void of a litter of young ones and soon face the title of "Menace." While I do reside in Utah, I am not Utah-born-and-raised. I grew up on the west coast and go home as often as I can. 

For about a year I have been what you would call "inactive." How could this have happened you say? Well, stay tuned. I will almost certainly describe how I somehow wandered into dark and strange paths to visit that hoppin' party in that great-and-spacious mansion. Mostly though, I want to share my personal battles, ongoing struggles, and most sincere hopes as I try to find my own path back to the church.

I hope you join me on my journey and share with me, and everyone like me, your own difficulties and questions that cause you to doubt or waiver. Buckle up kids; It's going to be a bumpy ride.

-Struggling Mormon

1 comments:

Rosie said...

I'd like to hear more about you and your struggles. What made you go inactive? Also great topic :)

Post a Comment